December 31, 2005

I'm Taking Her Home With Me...

We now have the latest and greatest in sexual harassment claims: nurses complaining about the patients.

While this may be innappropriate, it's taking things just a bit too far. The naughty nurse is a classic sex symbol, that will go away just as quickly as the firefighter. (wonder how many guys at the firehouse are complaining about women asking them to slide down poles and save them?)

Then again, if you look even deeper into that, both of those statements are sexist and piggish because they assume that nurses are women and firefighters are men, when we all know that neither is a 100% stance.

Ut oh... more non PC bullshit.

How about if I clear it up with some fact from my experiances in hospitals with nurses (trust me, I've spent a good share of time in em): Most nurses are women, aged 40-60, who are built like linebackers, and do NOT fit that stereotype in the least. The guys hitting on them aren't doing so because of sanity, they are doing it because they are loaded on painkillers/drugs.

Next thing you know patients in hospitals will be getting charged with being under the influence.

Which goes back to my original case: hitting on the nurse, asking for a kiss, etc. may be innappropriate, but sexual harassment is too far. I'm sure some patients go too far, but I can guarantee if the nurse can't scare the guy (catheters come to mind), someone else can put the fear of God into them.

So... I leave with song lyrics...

The Nurse Who Loved Me by A Perfect Circle

Say hello to the rug's topography
It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it
Say hello to the shrinking in your head
You can't see it but you know its there so don't neglect it

I'm taking her home with me all dressed in white
She's got everything I need pharmacy keys
She's falling hard for me I can see it in her eyes
She acts just like a nurse with all the other guys

Say hello to all the apples on the ground
They were once in your eyes but you sneezed them out while sleeping
Say hello to everything you've left behind
It's even more a part of your life now that you can't touch it

I'm taking her home with me all dressed in white
She's got everything I need some pills in a little cup
She's falling hard for me I can see it in her eyes
She acts just like a nurse with all the other guys

Say hello to the rugs topography...

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Happy New Year Micheal!

Sat Dec 31, 04:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

true about fantasy and uniform: for some it is nurses, french maids (which I have no experiance with, being a broke collegiat), police (which I have little experiance with, thankfully), firefighters, military...

works for both sexes. something about the uniform definately adds to the sex appeal.

So, anyone have a french maid that can help us to prove or disprove the stereotype? Oh, and if the maid is, lets say, 85 and has no teeth, you'll have to dig up pictures from 60 years earlier...

Tue Jan 03, 10:27:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home