July 09, 2007

Leave It To The Military to Actually Be Honest

*gets up on soapbox*

I read a brief interview with Lt General David Petraeus, the big man in charge (currently) of our forces in Iraq.

He said, stating northern Ireland as an example, that fighting the insurgency would be a battle of ten years.

He also stated that the level of US troops there now seems to be stabilizing things, but a clear cut answer wouldn't be able to be made until September. Then decisions could be made about withdrawing some troops, as both the US and Iraq want.

That's honest. That's something I can support at this point.

I'd vote this guy for president. Being willing to say "ten years" and using a historical situation as a reference means the guy is being as honest and straightforward as they come.

Thanks military. I knew I trusted you for a reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

I trust them because I lust after their destructive capabilities.

Mon Jul 09, 01:34:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home