March 22, 2005

Oh Yeah, the New Poll

Last weeks poll on the worst fashion/fad ever's results.
  1. 50% spikey hair with lines on the side
  2. 33% mullets
  3. 17% parachute pants
  4. 0% leisure suits
This weeks poll, worst song of all time. Choices are "the electric slide," "Shiny Happy People," or "who let the dogs out."

I realize that there are ten billion other songs that could be on that list, such as anything from the Grease soundtrack, oh bla di (life goes on), Whoomp there it is, anything Suzanne Vega sang, I'm too sexy... I had to keep it down to a few, and only songs that I hate. I know REM sang Shiny Happy People, but the other two I'm not sure on, and am too lazy to look up.

2 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

While I agree with your choices for your poll, I must protest that the Grease soundtrack is awesome! and oh bla di is...well...okay I don't really have any defense for that one! But come on, how can you not love Grease?? :)

Wed Mar 23, 03:37:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

oh bla di is yes, undefineable. Its one of those songs that either you love or you hate.

the grease soundtrack just strikes a nerve with me. A few songs used to get played several times a night (along with the electric slide) at a bar I used to hang out at a while ago. The music, amongst other things, finally drove me away from the place.

It's also really "pop" music, which doesn't work well for me. My music taste is odd, and can get a bit obscure. Although, there are songs in that realm I love.

I think I may be one of the ultimate music snobs/connoseurs.

Wed Mar 23, 05:05:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home