August 29, 2005

Are People Really That Dumb?

I'm watching the news on TV this morning, before I head off to school, and I get to see a brief quote/interview with a resident of New Orleans, Louisiana. "If we stick it out, and show that we're together on this, we'll prove that everything is gonna be alright."

What the fuck? Its a fucking HURRICANE!!! It has no feelings. It won't pay any attention to people. It makes 150 mph sustained winds. Storm surge of over 12 feet. In case you don't know what a storm surge is, to my understanding, it means sea level is no longer at 0, the water is fucking 12 feet higher than normal. For a city that is ten feet below sea level, that shit don't mix well.

NOLA is not going to be a city that smells like vomit anymore. Its gonna turn into a cesspool, as petroleum, and people's septic tanks get flooded and the city goes undwater. The electric pumps that normally keep it drained, will stop working because lightning and 150mph winds tend to knock out power.

Its natures fury at its most powerful. My ass would be in Te... Tennessee or Texas. I don't wanna try to show nature who is boss. Nature would beat my ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

nature is all right in my book.

Tue Aug 30, 01:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home