August 26, 2005

Ten Songs @ Random

  • Simultanious by Chef (Isaac Hayes) from South Park
    • Simultanious lovin, two or three... its every man's fantasy. So baby, please have an open mind.
  • Water by Brak
    • Brak is a character from Space Ghost. Well on all the spin offs from the original show, have made brak into this... Don Knotts on crack who sings insane songs. Water is one of the good ones.
  • Bus To Beelzebub by Soul Coughing
    • They were one of the most misunderstood bands from the nineties. Hip hop beats, walking bass lines, samples, and Mike Doughty's unique vocals. They only put out three CD's, and one greatest hits disc. This song, makes me wanna dance in my computer chair.
  • Crocodile Rock by Elton John
    • He was so much cooler back (during the first run) of wearing the wigs, and the glasses. He wrote a lot of upbeat songs back then... then disney got to him and destroyed him. *shakes fist at Walt, who secretly runs the the world from his frozen lair deep beneath space mountain*
  • Hello Walls covered by Reverand Horton Heat with Willie Nelson
    • One of my odd, but great songs. The Reverand covering an old Willie song, with Willie lending to the vocals. Makes me wanna laugh and cry. "Hello window, well I see that your still here. Aren't you lonely, since our darlin dissappeared. Well look here, is that a teardrop, in the corner of your pane. Now don't you try to tell me that it's rain."
  • Shake Your Rump by The Beastie Boys
    • A long time ago, the Beastie Boys put out a groundbreaking album called "Paul's Boutique." That album set their style, and changed Hip Hop forever. Too bad now they can't seem to do anything other than Intergalactic clones.
  • Prayer by Disturbed
    • "Let me enlighten you, this is the way I pray. Living my life's not hard enough, burn me alive inside. Living my life's not hard enough, take everything away." This song still gives me chills. The video was banned from MTV, since it brought on thoughts of 9/11. Leets just hope the third CD ends up being as good as the first two.
  • All Along the Watchtower covered by Jimi Hendrix
    • Yet another fine example of why Bob Dylan is a great songwriter, just needs a more talented vocalist to pull it off. Thanks for making this one a classic Jimi.
  • Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog
    • The first Seattle supergroup. Chris Cornell from Soundgarden and Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam on vocals, with the rest of the band being members of each band.
  • Again by Lenny Kravitz
    • I had to pick up the Lenny Kravitz greatest hits disc, for a couple songs. This is one of them. This song brings out my sappy, emotional side. Makes me think of an ex I have never gotton over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home