August 19, 2005

The Friday Random Ten

  • Burn by Sister Machine Gun
    • If you could magically mix together Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Jazz, and maybe even Enigma, you would either get crap, or something similar to SMG. Although I prefer their earlier, heavier work, they've just constantly morphed into a new sound with each CD.
  • Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day
    • Even I can't escape liking this song. To all haters of this song, listen to the lyrics. Its the most mature thing to ever come out of Green Day. If you disagree, well, expect to be flogged by the energizer bunny for an eternity, while being forced to listen to Clarence Carter sing "Strokin" with a bad cold.
  • Feel Like Makin' Love covered by Ned Gerblinski from South Park
    • What better than a horrible song covered by a cartoon with a voice box? Not much can top this one.
  • Swamped by Lacuna Coil
    • I've had an addiction to Lacuna Coil lately. Besides, its fun to say your listening to an Italian goth/metal band. People look at you crosseyed if you put it that way.
  • Bloody Mary Morning by Willie Nelson
    • Willie is a musical Deity.
  • Stillborn by Black Label Society
    • I finally got the urge to buy a BLS disc, which did not dissappoint. They are a fine example of old school metal. I'm now pissed I hadn't taken an interest in them sooner.
  • Can't Change Me by Chris Cornell
    • Song off his solo disc. This man's voice is just amazing. Be it his solo stuff, Soundgarden, or Audioslave, I can't get enough. The only thing that frightens me is I'm scared in 15 years he's gonna end up on a disney movie soundtrack singing about something. Disney likes to destroy all that is good in music and comedy.
  • Liquor, Beer, and Wine by the Reverend Horton Heat
    • This is some fine hillbillyesque music. If this man really did have a church, I'd be a patron.
  • ATWA by System of a Down
    • Another band I'm addicted to. They're fun to describe as being Armenian _____ metal. (the blank space can be used for a number of terms, such as death, heavy, folk, etc.) Good way to get stares on that description too.
  • The I-95 Song (were you born an asshole?) by Jimmy Buffett
    • Buffett rocks. Writes and sings a lot of fun songs. Songs about Margarita's, and cheeseburgers, and getting drunk and screwing....

3 Comments:

Blogger swisslet said...

Willie Nelson is also one of the most inspired pieces of casting of the year as Uncle Jesse in The Dukes of Hazzard. I mean. I'm not saying I'm going to watch the film, but when I saw the trailer the other day, and saw him, I just thought "oh yes!".

Same cannot be said for the casting of Jessica Simpson in the pivotal role of Daisy Duke.

ST

Sat Aug 20, 05:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

So true. I remember seeing the previews, and just thinking to myself "oh no, not another tv show turned bad movie" until I saw Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse. That made my jaw drop, and think that he'd make a better Uncle Jesse than the original.

The original was an overweight old hillbilly. Willie is more like an old biker, which fits into the image of what the family should be.

That's me though, overanalyzing things.

Sun Aug 21, 03:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger swisslet said...

well, if it's any comfort, we're both overanalysing.

ST

Mon Aug 22, 02:47:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home