August 11, 2005

I Like Beer, It Makes Me a Jolly Good Fellow

I sit here, drinking Captain Bastard's oatmeal stout, imported to me from the far off land of Utah by my friend Garlic Butter, when I read about yet another beer. (sidenote: Captain Bastards is some yummy shit. A strong, yet creamy stout with a hint of chocolate.)

This beer was voted best in the world. Its brewed by monks in Belgium. They only brew enough to pay for the costs of being monks. They live in typical monk fashion, silent, avoid creepy outsiders... but they have now sold out. No, not selling out in a music way like "dude, that band sold out on their second album." They sold all their beer. No more. Not amping up production either. Fortune? Fame? A monk seeks not these things. So, no more best beer in the world for a while.

(Mental note: do not go to Belgium until they are re-stocked.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

We have Fat Bastard wine in Wisconsin, but no bastard beer....

Thu Aug 11, 08:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Matt said...

The alcoholics that wander down to the smart stop liquor store drink Arrogent Bastard. My hippy friends drink Fat Bastard Wine. I myself prefer a blunt.

Thu Aug 11, 08:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Froyd said...

we just have blunt bastards in minnesota.

Thu Aug 11, 10:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home