August 05, 2005

Crispy, Chewie, Music

  • The Nurse Who Loved Me by A Perfect Circle
    • "I'm taking her home with me, all dressed in white. She's got everything I need, pharmacy keys. She's fallen hard for me, I can see it in her eyes. She, acts just like a nurse, with all the other guys." Love this song. Its beautifully insane.
  • Fueled by Anthrax
    • What better than an old school metal song that quotes Friedrich Nietzsche? Yes, it may just be the infamous "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger." But Anthrax do it so well.
  • The Scientist by Coldplay
    • The Coldplay song that started off my fascination with the group.
  • Why Can't We Be Friends? covered by Smash Mouth
    • They do such a great job at transforming this song from the original WAR tune into this. Quite the jam, in any form.
  • My Heart Will Go On covered by A New Found Glory
    • No one does a better funny remake of a horrid pop song than a mediocre punk band.
  • Bullet in the Head by Rage Against the Machine
    • Classic Rage song. I miss them. I'm grateful for Audioslave, but I'd rather have Soundgarden and Rage.
  • Cigaro by System of a Down
    • Good song, but even better since it makes fun of that damn milkshake song, with such lines as "My shit stinks much better than yours." Thank you Serj Tankanian.
  • Jesus Hands by Jerry Cantrell
    • How I miss Alice in Chains. Jerry has put together a couple of quality solo cd's, but he doesn't have the "head-bang-esque" nature on them, that chains had.
  • Indifferance by Pearl Jam
    • One of those rare, not on the Ten CD but actually good PJ songs. I wonder if they decided to go into seclusion because they weren't as good as the first CD led people to believe, or if they really just hated the industry that much....
  • I wish I was Queer So I Could Get Chicks by The Bloodhound Gang
    • The most politically incorrect musical group ever. Bringer of such songs as "Your Pretty When I'm Drunk" and "She Ain't Got No Legs." Absolutely hilarious, if you know not to get offended, and just take the humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home