July 29, 2005

The 10 that is Friday

  • Doesn't Remind Me by Audioslave
    • I have been addicted, and I mean addicted to this song since the new disc came out. Absolutely love Audioslave, which makes sense, because I was a big fan of both Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine. Thanks guys for forming a band.
  • Statisticians Blues by Todd Snider
    • Good Todd Snider song, but not the best. He's been one of my favorite artists for years. You have to be able to listen to country-ish music to like him though. He's far from being mainstream rock or country, kinda folksy... Think Ryan Adams, Pete Yorn, Ben Harper... Singer/Songwriter type stuff.
  • Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails
    • This is one of the most depressing songs I have ever heard. In other words, I LOVE IT!!! This is one of those curl up in the fetal position, listen to music, and not move for a week songs.
  • Pardon Me (acoustic) by Incubus
    • This is one of those bands I was so addicted to for a while, then I pretty much got bored with and stopped listening to. What was once a unique sound got copied a bit too much, and their songs seemed to start to blend together.
  • With Plenty of Money and You by Tony Bennett
    • Tony Bennett rocks. I love some of the older swing/crooners... I'm not sure exactly how they are classified. The Tony Bennetts, Frank Sinatras, Dean Martins... All I know is I like the music.
  • Mysterious Ways covered by KMFDM
    • What better than a band from Ireland's song being covered by a German/US industrial rock band? Studio recording none-the-less, not even a bad version from a live show. Good song for me to jam to and confuse people at the same time.
  • Rubella by the Smoking Popes
    • This song is why punk rock used to be cool, but is now trash. They write about Rubella (the german measles) and make it sound like a love song. "And my heart now it has swollen, to twice its natural size..."
  • Vow by Garbage
    • I've been in love with Shirley Manson for years. Ever since I saw the video for "Queer" I had an interest. Then I saw the video for "Only Happy When It Rains" and fell in love. Not only was she hot, but the whole band put out some good music too.
  • Personal Jesus covered by Gravity Kills
    • Before Marilyn Manson decided to cover this song, Gravity Kills (another industrial rock band) covered it. Ya know what? If you heard the Gravity Kills version, you'd hate Manson's version even more. Just picture the Manson version, but good. Yeah, thats this.
  • Lyric by Zwan
    • Billy Corgan could surround himself with a bunch of 8th graders, and put out good music. He was the Smashing Pumpkins. D'arcy tried acting... failed. James Iha tried to record a solo cd... failed, now he is rhythm guitar for A Perfect Circle. Its all Billy. This album proved it. Still haven't heard his solo CD, but as far as I'm concerned, every album he's been on has been solo, including a band's disc that he didn't even appear on (Holes only recording since Courtney drove Kurt more insane.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yes, I do like the Cash cover of Personal Jesus too.

Cash is the king of covers though...
Let me List what I have:

Hurt (Nine Inch Nails)
I Won't Back Down (Tom Petty)
Thirteen (Danzig)
Rowboat (beck)
Rusty Cage (soundgarden)
One (U2)
Desperado (Eagles)
Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode)
In My Life (Beatles)
Time of the Preacher (Willie Nelson) [this one is cool because his backing band is Kim Thayil from Soundgarden, Krist Novacelik from Nirvana, and Sean Kinney from Alice In Chains]

...told you I was obsessed with covers of songs.

Sun Jul 31, 01:37:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home