July 27, 2005

Aljazeera and Al-Qaida

I regularly read Aljazeera, just to see some of the opinions and views expressed by an Arab news site. It gives a view that I myself am not quite able to see. Its a way to "put myself in someone elses shoes."

One of their regular columnists, Soumayya Ghannoushi, has a tendancy to aggravate me. If somone wanted to find out who a textbook American-role-in-the-middle-east-basher is, they would probably find her picture next to the definition.

Today, I read her column that was focused on something else... Al-Qaida. She speaks of how disgusted she is with them, their actions, and what damage they have done to the middle east, along with damage to Islam.

If anyone wants to take a peak inside the mind of an average, educated arab journalist, read this one. Might piss you off, might make you scream liar at your screen, might make you open your mind a bit to a different view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home