September 14, 2005

The 1954 Version of the Pledge Unconstitutional

The Pledge of Allegiance, which was edited in 1954 to include the phrase "under god" has been named unconstitional by the US 9th circuit court of appeals.

Although in all honesty, I don't care if its in the pledge or not, I love to fight for it to be removed. My reasoning?
  1. It pisses off conservatives.
  2. It shows how ignorant some people are when they seem to believe its always been like that, forgetting that things did happen before they were born.
  3. It pisses off Republicans.
  4. It makes Tom Delay cry.
  5. When Rush Limbaugh gets excited and talks about something like this, his jowels jiggle.
  6. In all honesty, it makes more sense by the ultimate document of the land, the constitution, to not have it in there. Last I checked, our money isn't what defines our country, it's the constitution... unless you worship money, like any good christian does.
  7. Did I mention it pisses off conservatives?
  8. It pisses off the self proclaimed "moral majority."
  9. It puts a greater distance between my religion and our winners in Washington.
  10. It increases the chances of dubs making some fresh new idiotic remark, alienating even more of the population than he already has (39% approval anyone?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Micheal you son of a bitch. I am a regualar reader of your blog, don't piss me off;) Don't we have anything better to do with tax payer's money than ban the word God from the pledge? What a world. Like you, I don't give a rip really if it is in the pledge but I think our country would be better off acknowledging God once in a while! What else are we going to trust in? The market? Pleathz.

Thu Sep 15, 12:04:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

Guy had a lawsuit, and he won. Simple as that for the taxpayer money. It shouldn't be as big of an issue for people, but it is.

It isn't acknowledging God that is a need, as God's name has been strewn about the countryside as a selling tool. It is on our money for a reason, and its not in praise, its an advertisement.

What we really need is people acknowledging the word of God, and following it. Christ worked with the poor and the sinful, and helped them. He wasn't running around with a sword, fighting, ignoring the pleas of the poor, and casting the sinful down, as some seem to have distorted it...

I could go on forever, but theological discussions are something I really try to avoid on here. They can get... scary.

Thu Sep 15, 12:38:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Froyd said...

God bless yummy brain gravy!

one blog under God!

woopwoop!

Thu Sep 15, 07:54:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

thank you Mr. Froyd.

I love the lord, and if loving the lord is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Then again, I never wanna be a right winger.

hmmmm.... its a never ending cycle...

Thu Sep 15, 08:01:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Froyd said...

it's a catch 22!

Thu Sep 15, 08:07:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home