October 21, 2005

Halloween Music

Been thinking lately about halloween music, and how annoying a lot of music I can come up with is that is somehow Halloween related.

Not a fan of little boy molesting white women, so no Thriller by Michael Jackson. Let's see... theme to Ghostbusters? The Monster Mash? I'd go nuts hearing those all night (although there is something oddly entertaining about Ghostbusters.)

So, I dug through my endless supply of music, and could only think of three songs... and two were by Ministry. Psalm 69 (which is just a fucked up song to begin with), Everyday (is Halloween) which is too obvious, but it's kinda funny being paired with newer Ministry, since the sound is a bit different. And "Dracula's Wedding" by Outkast. Andre 3000 does a damn fine song about Undead Wedded bliss I might add.

All in the sidebar -->

2 Comments:

Blogger gregor said...

it just wouldn't be Hallowe'en at Stately Sad Old Goth Manor if the delightful strains of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus weren't wafting through the hallways...

Mon Oct 24, 03:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger swisslet said...

not on hallowe'en music per se... but are you up for being my guest earworm editor in a couple of weeks time? (something like the 11th November)

You know the drill, right? 10 songs in your head that week with the reasons for each one? I'd love to have you do it.....

Can you drop me an email at the address off my profile?

ta,

ST

Wed Oct 26, 06:47:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home