November 14, 2005

Hey Grandma, Wanna Go Grab a Beer?

In one of the greatest ideas ever hatched, a nursing home has done its residents a fine service. It opened a pub inside the nursing home.

They figure that social interaction is key in prolonging life.

Since putting in the pub (hours 11am to 9pm) visitation has increased.

No surprise. I know I'd be more apt to go for a visit if I could sit down with gramps and have a cold one. Be much more comfortable. Would feel like hanging out and not a hospital.

Too bad the place is in, of all places... Ireland...

2 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

That is a brilliant idea!! I worked in a nursing home for 3 summers, and I can vouch that a bar definitely would have raised spirits!

Tue Nov 15, 04:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger The MilkMaid said...

i agree, but only if the staff gets to do a shot or two! ;)

Thu Nov 17, 07:42:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home