November 25, 2005

Krimmus Music

Anyone who had read my blog a year ago, knows my hatred of Christmas music. Most of the music is very simple, and less than 10% of it has any true ties to what the holiday is supposed to be about. Its mostly songs about deer with radioactive noses, a fat guy sneaking in your house, and sugarplums dirty dancing.

Because of this disgust, I have my own collection of Krimmus tunes to share with all of you. These three songs are deemed as being appropriate Krimmus music, although there are a few more out there, these three are my top three. (Other songs that are acceptable are "Christmastime in Hell" from South Park, "Feliz Navidad," etc.)

The number one song is "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey" by Lou Monte. This one is so good I listen to it year round, as it gets regular play at a bar I hang out at. (It doesn't hurt that it annoys the hell out of the bartender, Dominic."

Running a close second is "Christmas at Ground Zero" by Weird Al. Al knows what the holiday is all about. (I wanted to find the music video for this one, as it uses a bunch of old duck and cover footage."

Third is "Beclause I got High" by Bob Rivers. This one is a damn fine parody of superstar, will have an extremely long career, recording artist Afroman's song "Because I Got High." I wonder how many Grammy's he'll win for his musical genius?

All three songs available in the sidebar for your listening enjoyment, but only for a limited time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

HAHAHA!!!! I've got weird al's song, and those other two were pretty key.

"I'm outta the will!"

Sat Nov 26, 02:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

Krimmus just isn't Christmas without Dominic the italian christmas donkey.

Mon Nov 28, 08:26:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home