November 21, 2005

10 Quirks

"Here's the game. Introduce 10 quirks or idiosyncrasies of yours on your blog,following which you are free to pick five more people to do the same thing."
  1. I'm a coffee snob. I'll try new things, and am open to suggestions, but I always hear people bring up a regular brew duncan donuts coffee, which for standard coffee, is good, but its not MY coffee. Until you've had guatamalan antigua fresh ground and brewed in a french press, I don't wanna hear about it.
  2. I'm a paranoid sleeper. I sleep with the TV on, and my bedroom door locked. I put a normal, outdoor style, key lock on the door. If someone wakes me up by contact, I'm known to either jump up with a fist cocked, or ball up into the fetal position and scream uncontrollably for 30 seconds.
  3. Music snob too. Its a lot like the coffee thing. Open minded, but I have difficulty with pop music. Especially really bad pop, like that damn laffy taffy song. First off, taffy doesn't shake. Second, you pull taffy. KC and the Sunshine band was straightforward with shake your booty. AMG was dead on when they said "shake it baby don't ya break it, took yo momma nine months to make it." Outkast made themselves legends with the line "shake it like a polaroid picture." The Ying Yang Twins made sense with "shake it like a salt shaker." Puffy, Nelly, and that other guy were good with ripping off Ray Charles and "Shake ya Tailfeather." You have NO artistic integrity with "Shake that Laffy Taffy..."
  4. I tend to go off on tangents. (see #3).
  5. I hate phones. A convo with me on the phone lasting over 5 minutes is RARE.
  6. I'm addicted to the internet. I find more entertainment out of listening to music and reading stories online than anything TV, movies, or books has ever brought me, speaking of books...
  7. I don't read books. If I get ahold of one, I'll finish it off in no time flat. Then two years will pass and I wouldn't have read another book. Blame it on the elementary school librarian who explained the difference between fiction and non-fiction as "fake and not fake."
  8. I'm anti-social... to an extent. I'm the extreme of being not out-going. In large groups I don't do much. I can only talk in one on one and small group situations. Get the number of peopleinvolved above 5, I'm silent on the sidelines.
  9. I failed english twice in high school because I was such a poor writer. Came to find out I had really poor teachers. (Considering my college freshman composition professor wanted me to be an english major.)
  10. I'm a creature of habit. Back in my days of management at the most evil corporation on earth, Target, my co-workers could set their watches to within minutes of my routine.
Anyone else wanna do this one, feel free. I got outted by Matt. lol

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

That they do. Luckily I like being tagged. These things are fun to do.

And thanks on my quirks. Liked yours too.

Wed Nov 23, 12:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger noe said...

mistert, try cafe estima, it's the new fair trade, it's delish! and can i just tell you right now that i quit grad school because someone in my class didn't know the word idiosyncracy? yeah.

Mon Nov 28, 01:48:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home