November 07, 2004

Ramblings of the Bored Insomniac

Boredom, it has been plaiging humans for centuries. In earlier times, boredom was ended with sleeping. No light, what else is there to do? (wait... THAT is why people had bigger families back then.)

Modern society isn't quite the same thing. We have light at all times. Its merely a light switch away. We also have television, recorded music, the internet, books, etc. We have more options than any other group of humans, probably why we all experiance insomnia from time to time.

That is what I have right now. Boredom and insomnia. I should have passed out a while ago, since I have been awake since just before 9am. No luck though. Wide awake, and looking for mental stimuli. The question is, which of these many activities, among others, have I done, at what times, and what have I not done that I could have done.

First, I read peoples blogs, and did my own blogging while listening to music. I had a brief IM convo with a friend of mine. I then began reading old posts on a few friends blogs, then on to my own old posts, all while listening to music. Once that got old, I moved to my bedroom, turned on the TV, put it on the Food Network, and started writing this blog. Started out effective enough, but I have reached boredom yet again.

I really wish I was tired.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I think you jinxed me, because an hour after you commented, I woke up wide awake, after 4 hours of sleep.

Insomnia is evil, but sleep deprivation hallucinations can be so much fun... unless you have something to do.

Mon Nov 08, 07:57:00 AM CST  
Blogger noe said...

haha... i'm the queen of jinxes!

Mon Nov 08, 10:22:00 AM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

(bows to the queen)

Mon Nov 08, 10:34:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home