March 31, 2005

Mass Forwards and the Lies They Speak

Yet again, I get rampaged by the mass forwards. It amazes me how gullable the world is, that they think because someone took the time to write an email, and forward it, the information is true. I could easily write an e-mail claiming dubs has an affinity for molesting sheep, goats, and collies, and forward it on. Although I may have my suspicians about that, its probably false.

Today I got the "boycott gasoline from these stations" mass e-mail again. As my resolution on mass forwards states, I have to reply to ALL of them. The first thing I point out is that they list BP as a non importer, and Amoco as an importer. BP/Amoco is the exact SAME company.

All the companies listed as being non-importers are the little dink stations, that don't need to import from the middle east since they don't sell enough. Put all your money into buying gas, they'll need to get a bigger supply, which they would turn to... the middle east. If they didn't do that, they would have to just raise their prices. That whole basic economics thing, law of supply and demand. So, you would have Conoco gas at $3.49 a gallon, while the BP/Amoco across the street was $2.19 a gallon.

We use so much gasoline we have to import 31% of our gas from the middle east. The only way to stop importing from there, is to cut gasoline usage so we no longer need to import that 31%. How do you do that? Drive less, drive a more fuel efficient car.

I know that few are willing to give up that SUV, or take mass transit. So go ahead, add to our dependance on middle eastern oil, buy an H2 or that Durango with the hemi.

(source)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home