June 17, 2005

Friday Ten

  • Floods by Pantera
    • "A dead issue. Don't wrestle with them. Deaf ears are sleeping..." The slow Pantera song. Not a common occurance, but this one is one of my faves. I miss this band.
  • Atlanta by Stone Temple Pilots
    • Yet another mellow track. This is one of their best unknown tracks.
  • Over Now by Alice In Chains
    • Simply the best band to come out of Seattle in the early nineties. Not many bands could pull off musically what they were able to make seem simple. They could make a track that would be too "loud" for some people, then turn around and write a mellow, laid back song. Yet another band I miss.
  • Blues Music by G. Love and Special Sauce
    • Who is G. Love some may ask? Just a damn fine musician. Not quite the ordinary sound. His style blends hip hop, blues, and acoustic guitar rock. Definately an original. Oh, and without him, there would be no Jack Johnson. G. Love discovered him while surfing.
  • Doesn't Remind Me by Audioslave
    • My favorite song off the new disc. I listen to it almost too much. Great lyrically, and has one of the best Tom Morello guitar solo's I've come across. "Things that I've had, things that I've lost. Things I've held sacred, that I've dropped. I won't mind no more you can bet, don't wanna learn what I need... to forget."
  • Hidden Place by Bjork
    • Don't really know this track. Bjork is one of those musicians I love in small doses. It's a nice change up from most of my other music.
  • Missing You by Todd Snider
    • Todd is one of my favorite singer/songwriters. He's basically folk rock/country/rock. Hard to really catagorize. He'll write songs that will make you laugh hysterically. He'll also write songs that will make you cry. This is a cry song.
  • Freedom by Rage Against the Machine
    • YET another band I miss. Sure I still get to hear Tom Morello jam in Audioslave, but I don't get any more Zach. Also sometimes Tom's guitar work doesn't quite fit with Chris Cornells vocals. Luckily I still have amazing tracks like this one to listen to.
  • Help! by the Beatles
    • I like the Beatles later work. When they started hitting the drugs. I know some people will want to hang me for this, but I don't think the Beatles are as great as some people make them out to be. Excellent band and all, but there are several others I would rate higher.
  • Who's Gonna Be Your Sweet Man When I'm Gone by Muddy Waters
    • More of my "something different" music. Love the blues, but it takes a certain mood... Lately my mood has been mellow and the blues. And if you're gonna listen to the blues, make sure its a blues legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home