September 16, 2005

Friday Music

Today, it isn't random, its what I have been listening to over, and over, and over lately.
  1. When I'm Down by Chris Cornell (Not characteristic of his stuff with Soundgarden or Audioslave. This song is like this old rock love song. Lots of piano, and this sloppy guitar solo. Its brilliant.)
  2. Stoned and Drunk by Black Label Society (Zack Wylde rocks.)
  3. Hurt a Long Time by Jerry Cantrell (Yes, more former Seattle grunge mastery as a solo artist. Instead this time it is the guitarist/backup vocalist for Alice In Chains. Slow, sad song. Jerry is a god.)
  4. Janine (live) by Soul Coughing (Live recording I downloaded [legally I might add, but legally for free]. Great version of the song. M. Doughty gets the whole crowd singing at the end.)
  5. Say It Ain't So by Weezer (Recent re-discovery of mine. These dorks can rock.)
  6. Mr. Jones by the Counting Crows (I wasn't crazy about this song when I was in high school, but its been a repeat offender for me lately. Great lyrics, can relate to them.)
  7. No Rain by Blind Melon (I have no clue why, but I needed to hear this recently. Now I listen to it daily. It scares me.)
  8. Missing You by Todd Snider (Yeah, me and my sad songs. This man is such a great lyricist. He should be famous damnit. Isn't, but should be.)
  9. New Orleans Is A Dying Whore by Down (Ummm... yeah, I feel bad for listening to this song, but I was in a mood to hear Down, and heard this song, and its been stuck in my head... I'm going to hell for this one.)
  10. Coward of the County by Kenny Rogers (Heehee. This song rules.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home