October 11, 2005

Another Reason?

I'm beginning to have trouble keeping up with dubs reasons for invading Iraq. He gave a fresh new reason recently in a speech.

First it was because Saddam had WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) and supported terrorism. (note: if anyone is going to tell me no to this, how come everyone and their senile grandmother who doesn't speak english knows what WMD's are?) Since those were proven false, he needed a new reason.

Second, we went there to "liberate the people of Iraq." Ah yes, such a valiant reason. To spread freedom to people, by blowing up their houses. This one dropped eventually, since support for the war was steadily dropping.

Mixed in with that heroic liberation, we had the "fight the terrorists over there, not at home" line. Those two didn't quite go well together, and I'm not really sure which came first. Both came out of the burning wreckage of the WMD reason.

Now, dubs has his most ingenius one yet. See, the war is against the terrorists, who are planning a "global campaign of fear." Iraq, is the central battleground for them to spread this fear (even though all the terrorists/insurgents were not in Iraq to begin with, and are coming in from Syria and Iran, last I read... that will change too I'm sure.)

The insurgents in Iraq, are part of this global campaign by the terrorists, to take over countries. They would eventually try to go on with their diabolical deeds to destroy all of humanity...

Ok, this sounds too much like a movie starring Dolph Lundgren and Stephen Seagal. I'm also starting to wonder if dubs has been watching too many re-runs of G.I. Joe. If he mentions Cobra Commander, Destro, Serphentor, or some sort of evil creation by Dr. Mindbender... I think we'll need to call in some guy's in white jackets to fix his noggin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Maybe you'll find this interesting: http://www.howardbloom.net/

Read through some of those articles, especially "islams fight against the west".

agree or disagree, Bloom is a very smart man... probably smarter than dubs.

Tue Oct 11, 01:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger -L said...

I hear ya, Michael. Sadly, my parents don't believe we invaded because of WMD's; they cling to the freedom for Iraqis reason you cited.

And last I heard, some 35% of Americans still believed Saddam caused 9/11! Augh!

Tue Oct 11, 04:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

matt - that bloom site is interesting, and i did read half of the "islams fight against the west" part. I will agree it had some valid points, but it also seemed to be completely idiotic at others. Oh, and a chick pea is smarter than dubs.

leah - I know what you mean. People don't think as well or have the ability to keep an open mind. I just enjoy bookmarking articles on things like the WMD argument. My favorite is when a Republican/Conservative website dogs Bubba for not doing anything against al Qaeda, and I send them a link to an article on the US using cruise missles to attack terrorist camps in Afghanistan in 1998... Such fun.

Wed Oct 12, 04:58:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home