October 09, 2005

Some Music

I've been in a bit of an odd mood lately, which has made me listen to some of my peripheral music. By that, I mean the stuff that is unique to my normal listening. In other words, not typical rock/metal. At least my typical.

Cure For Pain by Morphine
Morphine is placed in the rock section of stores. Their music is bass, drums, baritone sax, and vocals. Its not your typical rock music, and before someone even begins to think it, its nothing like Dave Matthews. This is a really mellow song, but it is easily my favorite Morphine track. I developed a bit of a bond to this song.

I Smell Trouble by Buddy Guy
Buddy Guy is a blues legend for anyone who didn't know. I've been on a bit of a blues kick lately, and thanks to the influence of my brother, I've had a good selection of stuff to choose from. Buddy just happens to be my favorite artist, hence why he gets the mention. This isn't my top Buddy Guy song, but its in the top 3. My favorite has a bit of a bond with me, and I'll dig it out when it's appropriate.

Front Porch Lounger by G. Love
G. Love (and Special Sauce) is one of those that you just can't quite classify well. His music takes elements of rock, hip hop, and blues. He's got a bit of an odd voice, but he's a really talented writer, with a very unique style. This is one of his mellow songs (which has been my mood lately), but his music excels at the upbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home