January 08, 2006

Buddy Guy @ Legends, 1/7/2006


I saw Buddy Guy play at his blues club Legends last night. Only one word can describe it... Wow. Never thought a 69 year old man could put on THAT good of a show. I've been to my fair share of shows, and I've come to the conclusion that any rock artist needs to go see Buddy perform, and to take notes. The man knows how to work a crowd.

On top of the amazing showmanship, he still has the vocals and the guitar that made the man a living legend, member of the rock and roll hall of fame, and multi-grammy award winner.

The man is also known for doing a raunchy song in the middle of the show, which he did last night. He started talking about how they used to play these really bad songs back in the 60's, but there was no way they could ever record them, or get them played on the radio. Nowadays though, hip hop artists put these songs to shame.

My brother had told me about a show, where Buddy was doing an additional verse to "She's only 19 years old." (It went something like this): I got one leg to the right of me... (guitar) I got one leg to the left... (guitar) I'm here in the middle, just trying to do my best...

If any of you ever get a chance to see him play, GO.

Buddy Guy's Website (under construction)
Buddy Guy's Record Labels Website (has minute and a half sound clips of songs off newest CD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home