October 22, 2006

whoopsy....

Sorry for the lack of posts, I have an extremely valid excuse reason for not posting.

My computer had been showing its age... considering it was a 5 year old former Gateway (rebuilt so many times by me it no longer warrants that brand name) that I lovingly began to call "FrankenComp." Well, this week I got a new PC.

I am no longer running 6 IMs, playing music, while compiling C# code with MS Visual Studio.Net 2003 with a death and dying 1.4 Gig AMD and 512 MB RAM...

I am now trying to dominate the world with an AMD 4200+ Athlon X2 with its lovely dual core 64 bit processors clocked at 2.2 Gigs and 2 Gigs of RAM... And to make matters more destructive, I'm running 250 gig HD's in a RAID 1.

I have since named her the Bi-Brained Beast.

Now, the question is... what do I do with Frankencomp? Music server? Linux station? Smoothwall?

4 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

hmm... are you pondering what I'm pondering? its time to take over the world!

Mon Oct 23, 11:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Froyd said...

I think so marieke, but how would we get all the jello out of the waders?

Tue Oct 24, 11:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger adem said...

I've got just enough power to get by... any more and I start getting ideas...

Sat Oct 28, 06:07:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i personally like having a seperate computer for my music.

i can also back-up my really important shit there with a quick import instead of continually burning things onto cds again.


or you could just take over the world. either one.

-heifer

Sun Nov 05, 12:43:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home