September 27, 2006

Panasonic - Ideas For Life

In my days of youth, I was into the partying, oh yes. Parties, lots of people, alcohol... all any twenty something ever needed.

One night, I was at a party at TFG's (the fall guy's) girlfriend's parents house.

During the party, TFG decided to get rather drunk. He drank 3/4's of this HUGE bottle of Captain Morgan.

He then got into a fight with his girlfriend, and wanted me to take him home.

So, after we both urinated on her car door handle, like the mature young men we were, we hopped into my pickup and I began to take him home. I didn't know my way around, so I was relying on TFG in his drunken stupor to guide me.

Of course, being sober, it only took me one trip around the block to realize he was making me drive in circles. So, I saw a familiar street, and was headed out of the subdivision.

He told me "he loved her." He wanted me to stop the car and take him back.

Me, being the most stubborn man on the planet, said no.

He grabbed his DVD player, which he had brought over to the gf's but thought he should really take it home that night, and said...

"Stop the car. I'll walk."

Stubborness kicked in again, and I said no.

He then got a bright idea. He then cracked open the door, and said "dude, if you don't stop or turn around, I'm gonna jump"

To which I responded to by accellerating to about 45mph (73km/h).

He then jumped out, DVD player cradled in his arms.

I watched him tumble in my rearview mirror, bounce twice, as his sandals flew off his feet.

I stopped and turned around, to make sure he was alive. By the time I got back, he was walking limping down the side of the road, with his DVD player under one arm. I rolled down the passenger side window, and asked if he was ok.

He grabbed his bag out of the pick-ups bed, looked at me, and said "If you don't leave now, I'll fucking kill you."

I then drove away, and met up with some friends. He continued to limp back to his gf's house.

He still works. Our friendship is still close. He broke up with his girlfriend a few years later, and he had to change his phone number because she began to stalk him.

oh... and the DVD player still worked, even though it wasn't quite pretty anymore. Panasonic makes some good shit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

best.drunk.friend.story.ever.

Fri Sep 29, 12:50:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home