September 23, 2006

Landmarks of Sorts

Saturday, September 23, 2006...

the blog just turned 2 years old.

I just had my 800th post.

Unfortuneately... I haven't been posting here like I once was. This blog lost its way.

I've been seriously considering quitting it. I can't put forth the attention to it, and all my other writing endeavors, school, work... Just so much stuff.

I used to find so much in the news to make fun of. Now... I find near nothing. The news is filled with kids getting killed in a War in Iraq. Atrocities committed by my own government that are comparable to what I grew up as knowing as evil acts commited by dictators like Stalin and Hitler.

When you jokingly make a referance between Bush and Hitler, its funny, but makes you think. That's been the purpose of this blog. When it over and over becomes more of an honest comparo... its disturbing. It seems to be the beginnings of the US led Muslim Holocaust. Both sides of the war led by the Conservative Fundamentalists...

This post was going to be the last post of this blog a few days ago... I've changed my mind. I'm going to keep going. Can't give up my freedom of speech that has a small audience right before an election now can I?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that a attempt on my life, an attempt to heart-attack the life out of me...

by merely suggesting that you MIGHT stop blogging??!!!

You need to try harder.

Wed Sep 27, 02:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

LOL

Sorry Ann. I'll work on it.

I had been thinking about quitting this one because it just seems so few and far between I am able to post on it.

I decided against it because I know all I'd end up doing is creating a new one after about a month... having to relocate as many friends as possible, etc.

Just too much work for a change in theme.

so... this one stays and will probably alter format slightly as it has over the years...

Wed Sep 27, 11:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger swisslet said...

hey - there's no need to be hasty about it is there? Post when you can and when you have the inspiration, and we'll be here to read it.

ST

Wed Sep 27, 03:20:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

So true ST, but perfectionism is an evil thing to live with. I want to post more than I do, and sometimes I let it get to me.

Wed Sep 27, 03:58:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Froyd said...

I wish I could quit yew.

Wed Sep 27, 04:34:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home