September 17, 2006

The Caffeine Fix

As an American, it is my God given birthright to be an addict. Every one of us needs an addiction to at least one thing, preferably several. Be it alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, morphine, sex, drugs, rock and roll, God, food... whatever suits our fancy.

Over the years, I've decreased my addictions (after the initial taking on of addictions of course.) The caffeine fix has been one to stay. From growing up drinking coke out of the bottle (anyone else remember the big glass bottles of coke?) to my mid twenties coffee fanaticism to my new caffeine fix... green tea.

There is just something about the entire green tea thing that is a bit odd though... its healthy. This just doesn't seem right, as I'm used to my addictions being unhealthy. I read up on it, and it tells me its good for heart disease, high cholesterol, fighting cancer, losing weight, fighting infection, all while reducing plaque and killing bad breath.

That just ain't right.

So, time to cut down on the artificially flavored carbonated beverages (pop, soda, coke... whatever you call it), and replace that with the green tea, since the tea can't compete with coffee in the morning when it comes to the necessary caffeine requirement.

Good to know I won't shake the caffeine fix... especially since the newest addition is actually, dare I say it... healthy.

4 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

green tea tastes like i imagine urine would. just had to share.

Mon Sep 18, 06:28:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

and how long have you been imagining the taste of urine my dear?

*giggles*

Mon Sep 18, 06:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

Apparently Ann is also addicted to the tea cups in addition to the tea...

Wed Sep 20, 04:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

Understandable...

I was addicted to different methods of brewing coffee for a bit.

My tea obsession has just begun, so its going to take me a bit to get up to that level.

I will try though.

I like being obsessed with inanimate objects.

Fri Sep 22, 11:25:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home