September 13, 2006

Yes I'm a Model, You Know What I Mean...

Models were refused to work at a major fashion show in Madrid recently.

About 30% of them that had worked the show the previous year. Why might you ask? Simple. Their BMI was too low. They got rejected for being too damn skinny.

Apparantly some members of the fashion industry are finally taking steps to change the image of the model from being a sickly disgusting waif to a healthy woman.

I thank them for trying to start a trend, but until I see a woman weighing 150lbs, walking down the runway with a bucket of buffalo wings and a six pack of beer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I think it was totally a publicity stunt. Look at how much free coverage of their little show they have gotten because of it. What we really need is models that look like real women.

Thu Sep 14, 03:49:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home