August 02, 2007

Star Wars vs. Star Trek

I'm not asking which movies were better, which was better as a sci fi series, or any such nonsense. We all know as a group of films, Star Wars beats Trek on the big screen, but as an overall development of characters and universe... you can't beat the Trek franchise.

I prefer to break things down to a simpler form. Who would win in a fight.

Chewbacca vs. Worf

Han Solo vs. Kirk

Luke in the beginning of Episode IV vs. Ensign Wesley Crusher (pre traveler Wesley)

Leia vs. Jadzia Dax

Yoda vs. Q

Boba Fett vs. Odo

C-3PO and R2D2 vs. Data

The Millenium Falcon vs. the Defiant

10 Stormtroopers vs. 10 Original Series Red Shirt Guys

10 Clonetroopers vs. 10 Jem'Hadar

I'm going to answer this, and put my superior geeky answers here.

I figure I might get one to two people to answer this, since... there probably aren't that many sci fi nerds like myself reading this thing. But hey... I needed a post before I leave for Vegas tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Vegas!! Don't spend too much latinum!

Thu Aug 02, 03:20:00 PM CDT  
Blogger marieke said...

I'm not a huge fan of Star Trek, so I don't feel qualified to answer your questions. However, I love Star Wars, and I will confess to being guilty of cutting all the Star Wars stamps off the mail at work, and sticking them to the side of my filing cabinet. Not sure if that makes me a sci-fi nerd, or just completely batty. I'm cool with either... :P

Thu Aug 02, 09:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger swisslet said...

man, the very idea of 10 stormtroopers vs 10 red shirt guys has me in stitches. No one is going to die in that fight. No one. They're all hopeless!

Or should that be everyone will die, but only from friendly fire? Or from tripping over their own feet.

What if you throw in 10 Cylon Centurions, who also seem to be at least equally as hopeless?

It would be pure comedy.

The rest?

Worf (a bit more sophisticated)
Solo (and a whole lot cooler too)
Luke (wet, but not *that* wet)
Leia (street tough)
Q (he's a deity, for chrissakes!)
Boba, by miles
Data, by miles
falcon (again, it's just cooler)
clone troopers? jem'hadar? hm. A tie?

What's next?
ST

Fri Aug 03, 04:20:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home