November 07, 2004

Mmmmm.... Brats.....

I had some rather tasty bratwurst by my brother's today while watching the Bears kick some NY ass. DA BEARS!!!!! He cooks them in an odd way, which I am trying to remember the way so I can share with the entire world.

He boils the brats in beer (he used Guiness bottles, not cans [different recipe of beer], although he preferred using this chicory stout by dogfish head). He also has several cloves of garlic in the beer. After the brats are near cooked, he removes them from the boiling beer, and continues to boil the beer and garlic down, and adds onions to the liquid. Once it cooks down, he adds butter and horseradish mustard. He continues to cook it down, and then adds brown sugar (or regular sugar) to taste. The sauce without sugar is very strong and bitter, but the sugar makes it extra yummy.

Think that's it, but I am going from memory on something I have never made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home