November 17, 2004

No CD Review Reasons

I will probably not review a CD this week. I'd have to go into my back catalogues, which I am having problems making a decision. This weeks new CD offerings are disgusting.

Best Buy's advertisement claims it is the "Hottest New Release Tuesday of the Year." I sure as hell don't see it. New Eminem CD. The two songs I heard are NOT GOOD. Besides, when one is considered the deluxe edition, and the other the collectors edition I have to ask: Where the hell is the regular edition? If you have to throw words on the cd like deluxe and collectors edition, there is a problem.

Next up, Destiny's Child. Not my thing. Destiny's child is a group that I can watch the TV during a video, but I have to have it muted. Its no insult to their voices, as they are excellent singers. I am just not into that genre of music.

Chingy? For some reason I thought he was a she. Don't know why. In other words, the Hulk Hogan wrestling colors inspired cd is not up my alley.

Lil John and the East Side Boys... I like Lil John. I'm not going to buy his disk. I can listen to Crunk for a song or two, not a whole CD.

Pearl Jam: Greatest Hits. I already have their greatest hits. Its called the Ten cd, and about 7 songs off of EVERYTHING else. Talk about a band falling off and turning to shit. I thought about reviewing Ten this week, but I knew somone would get bent when I gave the song Jeremy a 2/5. I didn't like the song before it was popular, when it was popular, and defineately not 12 years after I was force fed it, instead of being allowed to listen to once, evenflow, black....

Clay Aiken christmas? LMAO. WWE theme addict? LMAO. Mandy Moore, best of? She's been around long enough to have a best of? Neil Young greatest hits.... I have respect for the man, I am just not a fan. Rammstein isn't quite me either. I like loud angry German metal, just not hour upon end of it. Howie Day? Ummmm.... Don't know his music either. Collective Soul = Collectively shitty music. Ack. NEVER liked them. Rufus Wainright... I think I heard a song by him like ten years ago and didn't like it.

Los Lonely Boys? That has to be THE worst band name I have ever heard in my life. Its like they want to be some sort of Tex-Mex rock band. I have a feeling they are what you would get if you crossed Los Lobos with Good Charlotte. A bad pop band, that tries to claim to be rock.

The A Perfect Circle listing is actually a DVD and Live CD combo. Its something I would consider buying, but not something that I really want to review.

The closest CD to getting a review out of me is the Axis of Justice: concert series disk. Lots of musicians I like involved, but I have a feeling it is just a bunch of bad live recordings. Live recordings of guys from various bands getting together doesn't bode well for cohesive music.

So, no review, since I am not made of money, and am not going to buy a disk to review, if I don't think I'll like it. I might dig up something out of my back catalogues, that is lesser known, or semi-recent and review it. Until then, no reviews.

2 Comments:

Blogger noe said...

if you saw my itunes list you'd prolly puke... hehe...

i'm listening to india arie... that's what mixed tunes at work does to you, makes you go home and dig through your cds so you listen to the ones that have been hiding out forever while you were relistening to the same damn album over and over because you get into a music routine...

i dont know what im talking about entirely because ive had too much to drink tonioght... but i will say that music like india arie and jill scott is very sexual... it's the groove, i like that.

i'm such a dork!

Wed Nov 17, 11:41:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm in doubt on the looking through your iTunes and wanting to puke. To say my music taste varies is an understatement, I'm the most open minded music snob you can come across... if that makes any sense. Plus I have gobs and gobs of music.

Just a brief little list of artists/bands I like: Pantera, Willie Nelson, Outkast, KMFDM, Ben Harper, Johnny Cash, Audioslave, John Mayer, Mushroomhead, Lacuna Coil, Frank Sinatra, Prince...

For a CD to review this week, I was thinking about going to a genre I haven't really hit yet, since both of my reviews so far were far from the mainstream, but right now I'm listening far from the mainstream, so that wasn't quite calling me.

I think I have the plan now. I got a disk for this week that snuck its way into the CD player yesterday, and I'll just have to sneak something that lacks any guitar distortion into the playlist for next week, unless something good comes out on tuesday. Then it will get pushed off again.

Thu Nov 18, 09:34:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home