September 02, 2005

Someone Else Put It More Elequantly

A few days ago, I made some commentary about New Orleans that I wish I didn't post. It was before the storm hit, and after seeing the trajedy I wish I could retract my statement.

I see many in the blogging world talking about the situation. Some are in disbelief over the situation. Some are using it as political fodder. Some are choosing to insult the people who couldn't leave, due to not having money or transportation to leave the city.

The only path I can see is do whatever it is you can to help those people in need. Help your fellow man during their time of crisis. If its by donation, speaking up to get other's to help, or by prayer. Many people need help, do what you can to aid them.

Amazingly, a blog I read for comedy is had the best post out of any I've come across. It was the Hulks blog. He has many links to charities to help in the relief effort. Here's a link to his if you want to check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger swisslet said...

I've read some pretty terrible things today, both in blog posts and in comments, about this disaster. It's made me feel a bit ill, to be honest. Isn't it nice how we can all pull together over this?

(Your blog hasn't been one of them, by the way....)

ST

Sat Sep 03, 01:44:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home