December 07, 2005

Car Color

According to Dupont, the car color of choice world wide and in the US is silver still, but its lead has given way a bit to grey, and other colors. (I myself have a gray car.)

Dupont has an interest in this, since many car manufacturers use their paint. (8 of the top 10 cars in the US to be exact.) They conduct the survey, and come up with new colors based off of trends. If that's the case...

If any automaker wants to corner a sizeable section of the market, try this color: Pink. (Take special note Mitsubishi for the Eclipse, Volkswagen for the Beetle and Jetta, Ford for the Mustang...)

You'd make some sales. Do a sizeable initial launch, then make the color RARE. Make people search that shit out, when it gets to the really low point, unleash the second round, and charge nothing less than over sticker for em. You'll make bank.

3 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

i would be so much more motivated to get my drivers license if i could drive a PINK car!

Thu Dec 08, 12:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger swisslet said...

i drive silver. sue me.

ST

Mon Dec 12, 04:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

ann - I think they offer lime green for the VW beetle. I could be mistaken though.

marieke - EXACTLY. Pink is popular now, and a lot of people would be more likely to buy a particular car if pink was an option.

ST - Silver was high on my list of colors I was picking from. It was either gray, silver, or blue. I lucked into the car I liked being available, with everything I wanted, in the gray.

Mon Dec 12, 04:23:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home