December 04, 2005

Songs of the (Mad) Season

Two songs added to the sidebar.

One appears at the top, while the second edition I slipped into the middle, since it is not a seasonal song.

The song that is seasonal is "12 Days of Christmas" as performed (and written) by the two coolest Canadians ever, Bob and Doug McKenzie of "Strange Brew" fame.

The non-seasonal song is "The River of Deceit" by Mad Season. Anyone here who also reads SwissToni's Place was aware of the game going on. For those who weren't, readers e-mailed a picture (or scan) of a handwritten lyric, and people could guess as to who the writer was. I sent in a line from this song. So, I felt the need to share its beautiful depressingness with the group.

Also, if I hear anyone make a comment about Matchbox 20 and the band Mad Season, the band had the name in 1994. It was a supergroup formed out of the depths of Seattle by Layne Staley (vocalist, Alice in Chains), Mike McCready (guitarist, Pearl Jam), Barret Martin (Drums/Percussion, Screaming Trees) and John Baker Saunders (bass player from unknown parts.)


Powered by Castpost


River of Deceit by Mad Season
lyrics by L. Staley, Music by McCready, Saunders, Martin, Staley

My pain is self-chosen
At least, so The Prophet says
I could either burn
Or cut off my pride and buy some time
A head full of lies is the weight, tied to my waist

The River of Deceit pulls down, oh oh
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down

My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see

The River of Deceit pulls down, yeah
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down

The pain is self-chosen, yeah
Our pain is self-chosen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home