December 14, 2005

Declarations of Krimmus through Decorations

Someone in New York has a rather interesting bit of decor outside their home. A bloody santa with a tree filled with decapitated dolls, with Santa holding the head of one of the dolls.

The owner claims it is part of their protest against the commercialized aspect of Christmas, and Santa not being in the bible, etc.

This entire "war on Christmas" fascinates me.

My stance? Well... isn't my stance on Krimmus and Christmas obvious?

I'm not one to tell someone that they are celebrating, disturbing, or destroying a religious holiday for me. My religion and another persons don't matter to me. I don't need anyone elses approval to justify my beliefs. To make things easy, I have mentally divided the holiday into two halves: Krimmus and Christmas.

Krimmus is the retail, mass marketed, consumer holiday. Christmas is the religious holiday. They just happen to fall on the same date.

Christmas is an extremely important holiday for Christians around the world. Krimmus is just pretty damn fun (except for the evil shoppers). I like and enjoy them both for their own merits. That's why I wage no wars. I merely justify and incorporate both aspects into one day as two seperate entities: Christmas and Krimmus.

Besides, Christmas isn't about wars. Neither is Krimmus. Just enjoy them, and stop taking things so seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home