December 12, 2005

Does This Mean Sequel?

Thanks to a History Channel funded expedition, a new chunk of the Titanic was found, making the new theory that the ship busted into three sections, and sank even faster.

I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to go through a sequal to the film being plastered all over every media and retail outlet it can leech its lifesucking power onto. I can see it now... Titanic 2007, starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher...
(holds back bile from throat)

The response of Robert Ballard, who led the 1985 expedition that found the remains of the Titanic and found it in two pieces, leading to his theory summed it up best: "They found a fragment, big deal. Am I surprised? No. When you go down there, there's stuff all over the place. It hit an iceberg and it sank. Get over it."

Well said.

Now, if I were to do a remake, there would definately be an attack on the Titanic, by Pirates led by Christopher Walken, with an army of trained Polar Bears, that ride attack whales, and fling penguins at the ship. And the only hope to save all of humanity from the assault would be... Bruce Willis.

Ok, no one steal that idea. Its all mine. I'll make millions... millions...
(cackles evilly)

2 Comments:

Blogger swisslet said...

I've never seen it, I'm proud to report. Add it to a list that includes ET and Grease --- films that apparently everyone has seen.

On the other hand, I have seen "Bilko" starring Steve Martin. Go figure.

Ah well.

ST

Mon Dec 12, 04:02:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

ST - on that list, I've actually never seen Titanic. I've just happened to work in retail for 9 years, and get mainstream trendy America forced in my face nonstop. This is also the reason why I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies (nor read any of the books, although me and reading literature is rare to say the least.)

Seen ET and Grease when I was young, and will probably never see either again.
*raises fist and curses grease, and its horrid soundtrack*

Mon Dec 12, 04:11:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home