February 22, 2006

New Achievement of Dorkdom

Since I have way too much info on my desktop, I decided the best way for me to experiment and toy would be to use my laptop, which with the addition of my iPod to my lineup of toys has made my laptop having 37 gigs of music unecessary.

So, I wiped the HD, partitioned it, and am now, after a few technical issues, running a dual boot system with Windows XP and Linux. Both run, and I am right now updated windows to SP2. Now, I just have to download ten billion programs, get my home network running properly again... yes... lotsa fun.

Now... I just have to figure out exactly how much I can do with linux. The free office software seems useful and all, just like all the other free stuff that Microsoft would have charged me at least 400 bucks for... now to utilize these things....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home