February 09, 2006

And the Grammy Goes To...


SLIPKNOT!?!?!?!?

Yes, the boys from Iowa won a Grammy.

I didn't watch the award show, as I protest the Grammy's as being the old people pick awards for music they don't understand or listen to awards.

It made me happy to find out some nice boys like Slipknot (who do produce some damn fine metal) won an award. Much better than when the awards shows try to tell me that a band like Creed is metal.

Another award that I was happy about was System of a Down winning one for Hard Rock. Especially since the chorus of the song is:

Blast off, it's party time,
And we don't live in a fascist nation,
Blast off, it's party time,
And where the fuck are you?
….. Yeah
Where the fuck are you?
Where the fuck are you?

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
Why do they always send the poor?
Why don’t presidents fight the war?
Why do they always send the poor? [X4]


Unfortuneately, it beat out my favorite Audioslave song, ever, Doesn't Remind Me.

And even worse than that, Buddy Guy didn't win the Grammy for Best Contemporary Blues Album.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

What you just posted is as much as I know about the Grammys. Perhaps this event is out of touch with our generation?

Mon Feb 13, 01:33:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

The Grammy's are a worthless award show for the under 40 crowd. They can't classify anything correctly, let alone make intelligent, accurate, award decisions.

Only reason why I heard anything was because of my Mom telling me slipknot won an award. So, I looked up some results.

Mon Feb 13, 11:49:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home