March 31, 2006

Anniversary Reminder

If my info is correct, one year ago today Teri Schiavo officially died.

So that none of us repeat her mistake, I am including a basic "living will" in this post. I figure my liberal following, and any moderate republicans would want one. I figure that's a good 80% of the population. Then there is the 10% that don't give a damn, and the 10% that thought Teri having seizures at the blinking christmas lights meant she could walk and talk just like you and me, but her husband was drugging her, regardless of what modern to primative science said.

Well, here's the living will:


I, __________________________, being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of pinhead politicians who couldn't pass ninth-grade biology if their lives depended on it or lawyers/doctors only interested in running up the bills. If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to ask for at least one of the following:
  • Beer
  • Bloody Mary
  • Margarita
  • Scotch
  • Martini
  • Vodka and Tonic
  • Steak
  • Lobster or crab legs
  • The remote control
  • a Bowl of ice cream
  • The sports page
  • Chocolate
  • Sex
it should be presumed that I won't ever get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my appointed person and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in the tubes and call it a day.

Signature: ___________________________

Date: ___________________________

5 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

If more than three days go by without asking for any of these then I am defenelty in bad shape....

Fri Mar 31, 04:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Froyd said...

mmmm....beeeeer.

Fri Mar 31, 04:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger noe said...

goodness grcious you make me laugh! thank you...

Sat Apr 01, 12:26:00 AM CST  
Blogger Alex said...

You forgot to mention Guinness. For Guinness is not beer; it is a special entity, unique in being.

It's like Anselm said. Guinness is "that beer than which no beer greater can be conceived."

If I were less drunk, I would have translated that back into Latin for you.

Sat Apr 01, 01:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

anne - me and that list... about 5 working days.

Jose & Froyd - Agreed

Lisa - glad I could provide assistance for your living will needs. That will be $9.95, thank you, drive thru.

noe - You're welcome

alex - while guiness is a damn fine beer, I cannot rate it higher than "Darklord" which is a russian imperial stout, brewed at Three Floyd's Brewary.

Sat Apr 01, 12:23:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home