March 26, 2006

They Want You as the New Recruit

In order to increase enrollment, the Marines have changed their recruiting tactics. Besides sending numerous letters to me, a 29 year old hippy missing an organ, they also sent a letter to... a seventy-eight year old woman in a walker. Seems she has all they need. She speaks fluent english, and no other languages, which would be a help. They made sure to warn her that if she accepted their challange, she would be tested physically and mentally beyond anything she ever experianced.

Luckily, the woman is a true patriot and would do anything for her country... but nearly fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard when she got the recruitment letter in the mail.

I kinda wish she would enlist. I bet she'd make a good tank driver.

4 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

I think I'll share this with my Grandma the next time she defends the Bush administration. ;) Give her some food for thought...

That is so hilarious!

Mon Mar 27, 12:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger Polyman2 said...

I'm ready to go-
I'm missing my brain.

Mon Mar 27, 02:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jose said...

Polyman,

I just checked my enlisting contract... there isn't any reference to any such thing called "a brain". Sounds like you're ready to go.

Mon Mar 27, 06:38:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

Jose - you are dead on. If we send 50,000 grannies to Iraq, armed with cookware and food, I can guarentee they would put an end to the insurgency within two weeks. EVERYONE regardless of gender, religion, race, etc. loves good food. Just have to make sure they don't try to cook any swine.

leah - just give her name to a recruiter. ;-)

polyman - all you have to do is put an x on the line, and your good to go. Have fun, but watch out for the various poisonous desert critters... oh, and no eating all of the food from "Operation Sand Grannie."

Tue Mar 28, 12:52:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home