March 14, 2006

Who's Gonna Feed the Little Crackers?

The childrens are going to starve. The man, the legend, the feeder of chocolate salty balls to little children, Isaac Hayes has quit the show "South Park."

He quit because of bigotry. He can no longer take the insults on religion.

The creators of South Park have a slightly different take. Seems they think it is because they recently took a shot at Scientology, which is Isaac Hayes Religion.

Normally, I want to agree with someone who is taking a stand against what could be deemed as bigotry. I can't though. Why?

THE FUCKING PILOT EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK HAD JESUS CHRIST IN A FIST FIGHT WITH SANTA CLAUSE!!!

The show has never had a friendly stance on religion. Its made fun of pretty much every major religion on the planet. I respect that.

I personally take many shots at the beliefs of some christians. Then again, I fall into the catagory of those I make fun of. We have different beliefs. I have no problem with them believing the earth is 5,000 years old. I think they are wrong, but its faith on both our parts. I have faith I'm right, they have faith they are right. I don't care what they think about my beliefs, and they shouldn't care what I think about their beliefs.

My fight (and humor) is usually targeted at people trying to force their beliefs on everyone. Them and the people who supposedly have the same religion as I do, and preach war. (I'm still waiting on a reply from someone after I asked them how many people Jesus Christ killed in battle.)

So, in other words. Embrace your religion. Let everyone else embrace theirs. Maybe then we can stop trying to kill each other in the name of our peaceful religions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

You are right, I share the same exact view, I was disgusted with religious rethoric in Iraq, when both sides had a self-rightous justification for it. Not so much in our troops even though there were some, but to kill in the name of religion is wrong.

Anyway, Scientology is a scary faith man, This guy worked there since '97 they made fun of every religion, now that they touch on his religion he gets his panties in a bunch, I don't know what the deal is with Them but the more I dig into it the more concerned I get.

Tue Mar 14, 09:37:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Equal opportunity picking at... I mean, really, doesn't South Park kind of encompass not only American mindset, but ideals?

Free speech... every episode pisses at least somebody off, right? They don't give a shit.

And really, they use crude humor to point out inconsitencies (i don't know how to spell that, and i am not putting in effort to figure it out)and fallacies in situations. so very effective because it makes stupid people relate to it, right?

scientology and fundemental mormons (oh, and the hare krishna and children of god and things like that) make me feel squicky

-rachel

Tue Mar 14, 11:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Froyd said...

JIHAD!!!

Wed Mar 15, 11:04:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home