March 11, 2006

5 Songs Stuck to the Roof Of My Brain

SongArtistAlbumGenreTimeYear
Time Of Your SongMatisyahuYouthReggae4:272006
The man strikes again. This song is off his new disc. While I don't rate this one as high as "Live at Stubbs," it's still a high quality album.
I Wanna Be With YouIsley BrothersThe Essential Isley BrothersR&B/Funk6:201979
I had the Isley Brother's recommended to me recently. So, I downloaded a song. I then had no choice but to go out and buy a greatest hits disc, because I was in shock and awe. Yes, I was blinded by the funk.
I Put a Spell On YouBuddy Guy w/ Carlos SantanaBring Em InBlues4:042005
Dangerous combination here. Two guitar Legends on one song. You can feel both of their styles on the song, yet it meshed together very well. Plus Buddy's vocals are amazing on this one.
Side Show BluesTodd SniderThat Was Me: The Best of Todd Snider 1994-1998Folk/Country/Rock3:391996
Yes, I have no plans on quitting my Todd Snider kick. One of his older songs, I recently discovered after buying a greatest hits disc of his earlier stuff. Plus this song has one of those... lines. "Sometimes you gotta kill a boy, to keep his ass in line." We'll just say that made me laugh.
SkullsThe MisfitsCollection IPunk Rock1:581986
A long time ago, there was a genre of music called Punk Rock. It was the kind of stuff that teeny boppers didn't listen to. One such band that played this type of music was The Misfits. It was heavy. It was good. Glen Danzig just knew how to sound evil, yet Elvis-like at times. That is why I listen to them. Unlike the watered down, practically backstreet boys crap (Good Charlotte) that the kids think is Punk Rock nowadays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home