March 06, 2006

Another Secular Crusade

I've come up with another one of my "insane, blowing something out of proportions" ideas.

I've decided, to promote a more secular, PC America, we have to fight the root of all the problems. It isn't forcing people to acknowledge God in the pledge. It isn't that through the idol worship of our money, by having in God We Trust written on it. No no. It is something more deeply engrained in American Culture. I know each and every one of you wants to know what it is now, don't ya?

Its saying "bless you" when someone sneezes.

So, we have to stop that, and just stop acknowledging sneezes altogether... unless of course the nasty person doesn't cover their mouth. Besides, when people spray you with a sneeze, you're more likely to say fuck you rather than bless you.

Yeah... that's it...

Slightly unrelated... What if all this time, the pledge was a typo? What if it really said "One nation, under fog, invisible, with liberty and justice for all..."

I'm just full of the deep thoughts today.

I'll go back to hiding in the bomb shelter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

Spanish people don't say "Bless you"
we say "Salud!" wich translates to "Good Health" or something like that.

Maybe wishing someone good health is a better alternative.

Mon Mar 06, 02:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

makes a lot more sense, that's for sure.

Besides, I already answer the phone half the time by saying "Bueno." So it wouldn't be that far of a step out of the ordinary for me.

Mon Mar 06, 04:03:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jenni said...

I don't say the "under God" part of the pledge. I got detention in middle school for that, when we had a substitute teacher. I'd be happy to join your anti-Bless You League.

Tue Mar 07, 08:22:00 AM CST  
Blogger -L said...

Count me in as well! Good thinking, Michael.

This will sorely piss of Grandma, I am sure. *pleased grin*

Tue Mar 07, 09:33:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say the pledge that way

::shifty eyes::

-rachel

Tue Mar 07, 09:32:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home