March 24, 2006

Dual Musical Challanges

In my late morning blog reading, I came across not one, but two challanges that interested me. Of course, they were musically related. Since I pride myself on such things as my odd taste in music, and having a particularly dirty mind, I had to take up both challanges: ten most embarassing artists (with number of songs) on the computer, and top ten stripper songs (the original was 3 songs you'd strip to, but since I can only picture myself ending up looking like a big leather guy at the blue oyster, I'm changing it to stripper songs. Besides, lyrically most don't suit a man shaking his groove thang.)

We'll start out with the stripper list, since the most embarassing will probably generate the most commentary. I left out the overplayed stripper songs (that I like), like Closer by NIN, Mysterious Ways by U2, How Do U Want It? by 2Pac, etc...

Top Ten Stripper Songs
  1. REV 22:20 by Puscifer - Straight off the soundtrack to the first Underworld movie. Maynard from Tool and A Perfect Circle on vocals. This one makes Closer by Nine Inch Nails seem PG-13.
  2. Brute by KMFDM - Germans. Industrial rock. And the line, "Brutalize me, I will heal." Nuff said.
  3. Too Physical by Nine Inch Nails - Nine Inch Nails have too many songs that fall into this catagory. This one just happens to by my favorite. (Never was a big fan of closer, since it was too mainstream and people who didn't listen to rock were all on Trent's jock because of the songs chorus.)
  4. Can't Get Away by Lollipop Lust Kill - One line, "She killed me, all with a bat of her eye, she used me up and threw me away."
  5. Sins of the Flesh by Sister Machine Gun - There was a time when this band ruled my musical listening. Fine example of early nineties industrial here.
  6. Guilty by Gravity Kills - Something about those Industrial rock bands and this topic...
  7. Vermillion by Slipknot - Referring to part I.
  8. Crazy covered by The Kidney Thieves - What better than the Patsy Cline penned by Willie Nelson classic covered by yet another... industrial rock band.
  9. Bitter by The Union Underground - There is this intrumental, fast guitar section a little past halfway through... yeah, that's it.
  10. Stinkfist by Tool - A song about self love will always make a good stripper song. Now if I had put down such other Tool classics, as "Prison Sex," "Hooker with a Penis," or "Opiate" (which is a song about being molested by a priest)... then you should have been worried.
OK, now on to the Embarassing list:
  1. Cher (2) - Both are my mom's. I have them unchecked, and rated as low as possible, so that I will never hear them. Still, they are on my computer and eligible for me to be embarassed by.
  2. Tatu (1) - I don't listen to the radio. I had a friend swear to all things holy I would love this song. I didn't. Yet... I didn't delete it. It will forever be a scar on my music library, reminding me to never trust him again on music, for getting me to possess a bad song by a group that was only famous because they dressed up in Catholic schoolgirl outfits and pretended to be lesbians. I really, REALLY hate dislike pretend lesbians.
  3. Don Henley (1) - I blacked this one out of memory. Its still there though. That scar from the night out drinking, where you drank too much and ended up hurting yourself from a fall and/or someones curling iron being plugged in and on next to the sink...
  4. Enrique Iglesias (1), Shakira (1) - One of my friends had broken up with her boyfriend, and wanted a bunch of music during the depressed time afterwords. So, me being a friend and the only kid with a broadband connection... This was back in the days of the original Napster I might add.
  5. John Mayer (47) - Yeah... I can't defend this one...
  6. Avril Lavigne (1) - I was curious about her cover of Fuel by Metallica. She re-affirmed a lesson I already knew. Metallica turned into a really bad pop rock band.
  7. Sarah McLachlan (37) - Yes... a real list of songs with no excuse... point and laugh at the boy...
  8. The Fugee's (1) - Off of the original Tibetan Freedom 3 disc. I really dislike that group. I really dislike hate Lauren Hill.
  9. Shania Twain (1) - I have one of her songs so I could learn the lyrics to scare people on one of my karaoke adventures. The song? "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." I do a fine version of that song too, I might add...
  10. Billy Vera and the Beaters (1) - I still don't know how I got this song. Demons or something. I don't like the song, although it does make me think of Alex P. Keaton and Family Ties. Poor Alex. A staunch conservative in a family of librals who think they're independant... heehee
Honorable Mentions: Milli Vanilli (1), New Kids On The Block (1), R. Kelly (1) - Girl you know its true... The Right Stuff... Bump 'N Grind... These songs make me laugh.
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (3), Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (2) - Nostalgia and old hip hop can be embarassing... at times.
Wham! (2) - Combo of inside joke, and a song that just makes me laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger -L said...

I am *pretty sure* you would shoot me if you ever saw my music collection. :)

Nice shout out, though, to Alex P. Keaton. He rocks my world.

Sat Mar 25, 10:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

leah - I dunno. My eclectic taste ends up running a little into everyone elses. Although if I saw nothing but backstreet boys, *nsynch, hanson... then we'd have issues.

lisa - lol. nothing better than the reaction you get from driving with someone when next on the CD comes some Milli Vanilli. Its a perverse pleasure.

Tue Mar 28, 12:55:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home