November 03, 2006

The Friday Ten

I've been forgetting about that entire music thing, so this week I'm going to post the Ten songs that my iPod has been getting burnt out on playing so much lately.
  1. Black No. 1 by Type O Negative - This song was a Halloween craving. Besides, any song that mentions a woman who has a date with Nosferatu has to be good.
  2. Online by Gnarls Barkley - This song is like a mid to early nineties mash up of beats by Dr. Dre and the Beastie boys, but with some soul vocals. I can't seem to get enough of it.
  3. Wide Awake by Audioslave - I'm still loving the new disc. I've been finding a new song off it I can't seem to get enough of regularly.
  4. 12 Hundred by Mushroomhead - I'm just too big a fan of this band. Something about loud screams, guitar, piano, catchy beats and a DJ is too much of a sonic draw for me. In my old age I can't seem to handle the masks and all... but I'll let the kids love and fight over the gimmicks to sell CD's.
  5. 30/30-150 by Stone Sour - more metal from the side project/alter band of Corey Taylor from Slipknot. This disc has been stellar too.
  6. White Lexus by Mike Doughty - former Soul Coughing frontman really put together a great disc. This is a mellower song off the CD that just speaks to me. Really great lyrics.
  7. Paxil Back by the Gray Kid - this parody of "sexy back" by Justin Timberlake is phenomenal. Made me forget about the new Weird Al CD.
  8. Falling by Lacuna Coil - I will never be able to get enough of Cristina's voice. By far my favorite female rock/metal vocalist. Besides, any metal band hailing from Milan, Italy has to be high in my book. Not too far from my ancestors.
  9. One More Night covered by Nina Gordon - everyone has been covering Phil Collins lately. Its mostly been metal bands, but hey... why not former lead singers of mid-nineties era female rock bands? Now... if I could only get a band together to cover Sussudio...
  10. Little Ole Wine Drinker Me by Merle Haggard - Old School country rocks. A lot of people have jumped on the Johnny Cash bandwagon, some have found Willie Nelson... if you know both of them, check out some Merle Haggard. Good stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

heehee

If only life were that easy.

Mon Nov 06, 02:37:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home