January 15, 2007

Buddy Guy at Legends January 10, 2007


I saw Buddy Guy at Legends last Wednesday... for the last time. The college that has the lease on his blues club isn't renewing it. (Rumor's that he's working with Mayor Daley to get a new club opened up somewhere downtown.) Hope so. Chicago is one of the homes of the blues. Buddy was born in one (Louisiana), and became famous in another (Chicago).

Show was good. I had a good view (as shown in my poor camera phone picture). 70 year old man plays guitar better than just about anyone... and his showmanship is outstanding. During the show he said he's known for blues, but he can play other stuff too, and began playing Voodoo Chile... then kept playing it one handed.

As me and my brother were leaving, we were standing in line for him to buy a T-Shirt since Buddy was signing autographs. We were two people away... when he stopped. So, didn't buy one and left.

Me, being a paranoid like I am, took a look behind me as I was walking out: I was being followed behind by him. So, of course I held the door for the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer. My now second best contact with someone famous.

And, thanks to the miracle of Google Video... a live performance of "Damn Right I Got the Blues."

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Mike, quick tech question for you. If i have a song, say in my itunes library and I want to attach that song to one of my blog posts, well, is that possible, and how do i do it? thanks

Wed Jan 17, 12:23:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home