November 21, 2004

Lord I Born A Ramblin' Man...

...and on the seventh day, I'm resting. Actually, I shall ramble. I like to post on the blog at least once a day, and I don't have something really specific today. So, I'm just going to do some free typing on whatever.

Today is sunday, and sunday means football. I don't know where I am going to end up for the Bears game, but it isn't where I am sitting right now. I need social interaction, and I shall find it.

Last night I was at a family gathering for my uncles 70th birthday. My cousin wanted to throw him a retirement party, but realized that his dad would never retire. Might I add the man is a carpenter. Amazes me.

I love driving. Last night the drive home was spectacular. I-80 was empty. Me, the road, and my music. Driving at 70-80mph on a smooth road, music up so that you don't hear the random road noise, but if you slow down a little, and then rev the engine you hear the high pitched RPM scream as you accelerate.

I changed the CDs in my changer yesterday. First disk is the usual random disk. Starts out with covers, then a couple songs I'm addicted to, then on to my slowly dissappearing depressing songs. Only one thing will rid me of those songs... Second disk is Velvet Revolver, third is a mixture of various Les Claypool groups, fourth is Garbage, fifth is Ben Harper, sixth is Mushroomhead.

Thanks to my history class being on World War II, I have this disgusting desire to play this board game me and one of my friends used to play hour on end when we were 19. Its called Axis and Allies. Imagine Risk, but ten times more involved and difficult.

I'm going through karaoke withdrawel again. I got lucky a month or two ago when some of us ended up at a karaoke bar. First time I had done karaoke since I quit smoking last January, and might I add, my voice got a lot better. I surprised a few people by being the addict I am. Shy and reserved me on stage singing Billy Idol, Marvin Gaye, Madonna.... Damn I need to go again. Singing in the car just don't cut it.

Wow. That was a ramble. Now for more coffee, and a few phone calls. I'm ready for some football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home