December 07, 2004

Lost Post of Random Thoughts

I had written a really long post of random thoughts last night, but blogger was a mother-bitch yet again, and ate it. I will try to sum up some of it.

While on a blog run by Goddesses, I went to a site run by a Military, Texas, Republican. yes, my exact opposite. I was going to comment on a post on his site, but chose not to. Why? Several reasons. My point was already made by another commentor, and that view was twisted around and spat back incorrectly. That is where I have developed a dilemma.

How do you rationalize with someone, who doesn't seem to be able to comprehend your views?

The issue is Iraq, and the question is how would you suggest we go about things now. I will do a very brief sum up of my answer. I am against the way we went in. We should not have invaded, and that is my whole issue. Since we are in, we need to stay the course, increase our troops in Iraq at the present time, and get the government in Iraq stable.

Somehow a statement like that means "pull out" to some. I didn't see that in my statement, or the other persons statement at all, but that is the way the individual took it. Which is why I have gotton tired of arguing such points with people, if my views aren't even paid attention to. I have no problems with discussing issues intelligently, even if neither side will ever agree.

Most of my friends are Republicans, so political arguments amongst us are common. One is informed, and listens to my views, and sees my points, just disagrees with them. I have a lot of respect for him because of that. Its also vice versa, I see his views, and I often disagree with them. We don't misquote each other. We pay attention. I wish more would engage in open conversation, and accept that in some cases, both sides have valid points. Its just where each side places their emphasis is what is important. I'm just sick of the misinterpretations, and intentional twisting of information by some.

In other news, I finished my paper. YAY. I wrote a really long thing on it last night. I am not writing that thang again. Tomorrow, I shall return to my undisclosed location, and write about music and news and toons and whatever else enters my brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I was going to say something similar to what Fox has already said. In any case, I share your frustrations, and your wish for more open and respectful communication.

Tue Dec 07, 10:53:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home