January 16, 2005

Don't Make Sense and Rants (Added on To)

Pardon me for a second, this is going to get serious and political, with my own twist. Its on some things I've noticed recently, that I don't quite understand. This is all based off of various thoughts and opinions of people I have read on various political blogs.

  1. Iraq not having WMD's or the capability to produce them doesn't matter, because the war isn't about that anymore. - I don't understand that statement. That is why the war was started. We invaded them on that basis. That was the reason. We now changed our minds? If Iraq doesn't become a free country, and turns into a Vietnam, will we come up with a new excuse? We had some old munitions we needed to get rid of?
  2. Bush would have still invaded Iraq with the information he has today. - If that is the case, Mr. President, what would you have given as your reason for invading Iraq then, since they had no capability to harm us, and no ties to terrorism, according to our own reports? (there are links to the reports in the article, and it is possible to cherry pick a line here and there and make it look like Iraq was the WMD capital of the world. If you take the time to read it, they were no threat to the US as was claimed when we invaded)
  3. If Clinton can get impeached for lying about getting a BJ in the oval office, what does a president get for leading us to war under false pre-tense?
  4. Bush was only using the Intelligence gathered under the Clinton administration. - Of course. If it works... Its the genius of a man who explains sovereignity using sovereign 85 times. If it doesn't... blame Clinton.
  5. Fact, quote, and arguement cherry pickers piss me the fuck off too. The people who take an argument, and somehow manage to pull it apart, and turn it into something completely different than the point you were making. Or, the ones who use two lines in a report on something that support their belief, when the rest doesn't, and base their entire opinion on that. That one works for all people: conservative, liberal, moderate, anarchist, communist, libertarian...
  6. We're just saving everyone cuz liberals are pussies. - So, what we are saying is, we are saving the country from war, by creating a war, against someone who was no threat to us?
  7. I'm also sick of people who stereotype a whole group of people as being one thing. Not all liberals are pussy, commie, tree hugging, hippy, idealistic, god-hating, baby-killing, college professors. Not all conservatives are war mongering, bible toting, money grubbing, redneck, white, business owners. Not to mention the ten thousand other stereotypes I see some people listing on their blogs to other religious and ethnic groups. All the fucking stereotyping and turning people against this group and that group makes me think its going back to the civil war era US or Nazi Germany. Just stop that shit. [that's the tree hugging hippy liberal part of me speaking ;-) ]
  8. (insert name) supported Iraq invasion. So did (insert name). - Yeah? I don't fucking care. Know why? The blame always falls on the boss when shit goes wrong. Who's the boss? Come on, tell me, who is the FUCKING boss? George W. Bush. Yeah, Mr. President. He issued the order. dubs has kept Rummy as is Sec of Def even though he's been fucking that up from the get go. The elections are being boycotted by a large portion of the people living in Iraq. The white house is downplaying the elections now.
  9. Bush does not need to change anything with Iraq, since the voters ratified that they like what is going on. - Ok, this is bullshit. dubs thinks that since he won an election, he doesn't have to do jack shit to improve the situation in Iraq. He doesn' have to try to save the lives of our soldiers in Iraq because he won the election. He doesn't give a flying fuck about the lives of our soldiers. 51% voted for him, so he has to be right. He doesn't have to give a fuck anymore.

If anyone has an opinion based objection to my opinions, I don't care. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. If you think some of my info is wrong, don't type up telling me i'm wrong. I won't believe you. If you can find me a reputable source, I'll correct my info. A reputable source is a valid news source (fox news, cnn, bbc, msnbc) a magazine or periodical (time, a newspaper), encyclopedia, etc. I won't accept something from a .org (those are biased and you can't use them as a source on a college paper, so they are not considered to be factual). It has to be a reliable source. So your buddy's blog doesn't count. If I'm not sure, It doesn't count. My blog isn't a political blog. I write comedy for the most part. Once in a great while, I spew forth my liberal ramblings. I should be done for a while now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marsha (no need for anonymity anymore) said...

#9 - Grrrrrrrrrr. I read that in the Post and nearly spewed lava from my eyes. How in holy hell does he get away with saying things like that? I'm looking out my office window right now and even though I HATE snow, I'm glad it's snowing. I hope it interferes with his little parties tonight. And I hope it turns to freezing rain tomorrow for the Inauguration.

Wed Jan 19, 12:15:00 PM CST  
Blogger Marsha (no need for anonymity anymore) said...

#9 - Grrrrrrrrrr. I read that in the Post and nearly spewed lava from my eyes. How in holy hell does he get away with saying things like that? I'm looking out my office window right now and even though I HATE snow, I'm glad it's snowing. I hope it interferes with his little parties tonight. And I hope it turns to freezing rain tomorrow for the Inauguration.

Wed Jan 19, 12:18:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home