July 15, 2006

On Second Thought... I'll Stay Here

Recently, out of my usual far off thoughts, had found myself thinking of fleeing my homeland to go to the foggier pastures of the UK.

Thanks to international commerce, and ordering things online, I'd still be able to keep up with the American music I loved, but would be able to have a first hand experiance of British music which I've learned is pretty damn good too.

My second thought on fleeing was because of my introduction to The Mighty Boosh, which just seems to be one of the funniest and most twisted shows to ever hit television. Since Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the Chappelle Show were cancelled, I see television as being pointless now.

Then, today I learned why I could never leave. Something I use DAILY is illegal in the UK.

My iTrip. Yes, the simple little FM modulator I use to listen to my iPod through my cars stereo is illegal out there. Therefore, the UK is off my list as where I will move to when I grow up.

In other words, I shall remain in Chicagoland.

Now, time to update that list of mine...

Canada - I'd look funny in a Touque/Trying to copy US by electing Conservative Government/City of Toronto has Highest Asshole per Capita rating in civilized world.

Australia - Aboriginees will shrink my head and eat me/Koala bear attacks.

U.K. - Can't use my iTrip.

Damn, I'm running out of industrialized, english speaking countries.

4 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

Don't be so quick to cross off Canada! First of all, EVERYBODY looks funny in toques, its half the attraction. Second, as soon as my plot to overthrow Stephen Harper comes to fruition, no more worries about conservative governments. Third, DON'T GO TO TORONTO! Because Toronto sucks. So there.

Sun Jul 16, 11:57:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always just used the car casste adapter thing, or, now, the add on stereo... because it is better and doesn't get fuzzy

rachel

Tue Jul 18, 12:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

marieke-ok ok ok... I won't write of Canada as a possible relocation site yet. Besides, I'd rather wear a toque than get eaten by koalas!!!

rachel-my car doesn't have a cassette player, so thats no go. I don't have any auxilary ports to plug it into either. I read ways people created direct hook ups with my car, but I didn't want to tear apart my dash, and hook up $300 worth of stuff for the iPod. So, I bought a good fm modulator, and experimented with stations for a while. Its an extreme rarity I get static with the thing.

Tue Jul 18, 12:16:00 AM CDT  
Blogger noe said...

i love you mister t because you are always making me belly laugh- THANKS!

Tue Jul 18, 12:53:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home