October 21, 2004

What's In the CD Player?

I was listening to a cd of random stuff I burned, and I realized how it seemed to reflect a semi-hidden psychological mindset of mine. I then went over everything in my cd player, and saw a slight pattern to all the discs in it. Let me list.

disk 1 - Starts out with Korn covering Word Up, then Nonpoint covering In the Air Tonight, A Perfect Circle covering Imagine, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies covering Nothing Compares 2 u.... after that, it is all sad and depressing songs. Rock to R&B to Country... that was sign one I have been a mildly pitiful bastid lately.

Disk 2 - My War Compilation Disc.

Disk 3 - Willie Nelson (lots of sad country, and get drunk country, with the couple outlaw songs mixed in.)

Disk 4 - Garbage (Shirley Manson, how I lust thee.)

Disk 5 - Deftones/The Darkness

Disk 6 - Helmet (Recently Bought CD, and some old stuff on a disc)

Now, if that doesn't explain my mentality, nothing will. I'm gonna have to do some re-arranging. I need to improve my mood, not kill it. So Willie will be replaced by Soul Coughing or this Hip Hop compilation disc (Ying Yang Twins, Tupac, Nelly, Wu-Tang...), Deftones will be replaced by Mushroomhead. That should do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home